With the introduction of the BB386EVO bottom bracket standard, combined with precision carbon molding techniques, cutting edge materials and forward-thinking design, BH Bikes has developed a ground breaking new bike design that shatters all previous performance benchmarks for weight and stiffness.
The BB386EVO's 86.5mm bottom bracket width allows for wider down tubes and larger diameter chain stays for increased strength and stiffness while allowing for even greater tire clearance if required.
Down tubes can increase from 63-68mm maximum width on a traditional design to over 80mm with our 386 design resulting in a significant increase in frame strength and stiffness.
BH Bikes Ultralight
- 747 gram frame weight
- 166% torsional stiffness increase
- 125% rear end stiffness increase
- Signature BH ride quality
- Performance unparalleled
Ultralight Design Details
- Maximized tube diameters and tapered 1.5" head tube contribute to the Ultralight's incredible frame stiffness.
- The wider BB386EVO design allows for a smoother transition into the Ultralight's massive chainstays and integrated molded carbon dropouts.
- The derailleur hanger is forged from 7075 aluminum, and the design was developed through extensive finite element analysis studies used to determine the stiffest structure possible under heavy shifting loads.
- The BH Ultralight features a massive box section seat tube to increase side-to-side frame stiffness while the integrated full carbon front derailleur mount keeps weight low and increases front derailleur mounting rigidity to the highest level possible.
- Full slotted carbon molded cable guides reduce weight and allow for easy servicing. The down tube cable guides are offset from the frame to accept barrel adjusters.
- The unique patent-pending cable guide allows cable to be routed traditionally or crossed at the guide to provide the bike a cleaner cable routing solution around the head tube.
- As with the frame, the Ultralight's fork was developed using cutting-edge composite molding techniques and material technologies resulting in a fork weight under 300 grams out of the mold.
- The Ultralight fork features an integrated crown race to further eliminate the need for heavy steel parts in the frame and optimizes the strength and stiffness of the transition from steer tube to the fork crown.
Ride quality was not forsaken when developing the new Ultralight. Slim, flat seat stays and traditional 27.2mm seat post design contributes to the Ultralight's incredible ride quality.